UBA TRANSFER CODE: Discover how to use the UBA USSD code for seamless transactions. Learn about registration, balance checking, money transfers, bill payments, and more with the UBA Code.
United Bank for Africa (UBA) understands the need for convenience and efficiency in banking transactions, and that’s why they offer a USSD code that enables customers to perform various transactions with ease. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about the UBA code for bank transfers and other transactions.
What We Covered
- What is USSD?
- What is UBA USSD Transfer Code?
- Requirements to Register & Activate UBA Transfer Code
- How to Register & Activate UBA Code
- List of All UBA USSD Codes and Their Uses
- UBA Transfer Code for Checking Balance
- USSD Code for UBA Bank Transfer
- UBA Code to Transfer Money from UBA to Other Banks
- Opening an Account Using Transfer Code for UBA
- UBA USSD for Buying Airtime for Self
- UBA Code for Buying Airtime for Others
- USSD Code for Withdrawal
- UBA Transfer Code for Bill Payments
- UBA BVN USSD Code
- UBA USSD Code to Block ATM Card
- USSD Code to Block Account
- Benefits of Using UBA Code
- UBA USSD Charges
- FAQs and Answers on UBA Transfer Code
- About UBA Nigeria
What is USSD?
USSD, or Unstructured Supplementary Service Data, is a technology that allows users to access various services through shortcodes. These shortcodes, often referred to as USSD codes, are dialled on mobile phones and provide a quick and straightforward way to interact with service providers. USSD is widely used for mobile banking, bill payments, airtime purchases, and other services.
What is UBA USSD Code?
The UBA USSD Code, also known as UBA Transfer Code, *919# is a unique short code provided by United Bank for Africa that allows UBA customers to access their bank accounts and perform transactions using their mobile phones. This code eliminates the need for internet connectivity and provides a convenient way for customers to manage their finances on the go.
Requirements to Register & Activate UBA Transfer Code
To register and activate the transfer code for UBA, you need the following:
- UBA Account: You must have an active account with UBA to use the USSD code.
- Registered Phone Number: Ensure that the phone number you want to use for the USSD transactions is registered with the bank.
How to Register & Activate UBA Code
Activating the UBA Transfer Code is a straightforward process:
- Dial *919# from the registered phone number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a transaction PIN.
- Confirm your PIN to complete the registration.
This PIN will be required whenever you initiate a transaction using the transfer code for UBA.
List of All UBA USSD Codes and Their Uses
|Transfer to UBA Accounts||*919*3*account number*amount#|
|Transfer to Other Banks||*919*4*account number*amount#|
|Airtime Purchase (Self)||*919*amount#|
|Airtime Purchase (Others)||*919*phone number*amount#|
|Open UBA Account||*919*20#|
|Block ATM Card||*919*10#|
|Transaction History||*919*20*account number#|
UBA Transfer Code for Checking Balance
Checking your UBA account balance has never been easier. Simply dial *919*00# and follow the prompts. You’ll receive an SMS with your account balance details.
USSD Code for UBA Bank Transfer
Transferring money between UBA accounts is quick and effortless using the UBA USSD code. Dial *919*3*account number*amount# and follow the instructions on your screen.
UBA Code to Transfer Money from UBA to Other Banks
Need to send money to accounts in other banks? Dial *919*4*account number*amount# and follow the prompts to initiate the transfer securely.
Opening an Account Using Transfer Code for UBA
If you’re looking to open a UBA account without visiting a branch, you can do so using the USSD code. Dial *919*20# and follow the steps to get started.
UBA USSD for Buying Airtime for Self
Running low on airtime? Recharge your phone by dialing *919*amount#. Your account will be debited, and your phone will be credited with airtime.
UBA Code for Buying Airtime for Others
Surprise someone with airtime by dialling *919*phone number*amount#. The recipient will receive the airtime instantly.
Also Check: Lotus Bank USSD Code for Transfers and Airtime
UBA USSD Code for Withdrawal
Need to withdraw cash but don’t have an ATM nearby? You can use the UBA code to initiate a withdrawal. Dial *919*30*amount# and follow the instructions.
UBA Transfer Code for Bill Payments
Paying bills is a breeze with the UBA Transfer Code. Dial *919*5# to access the bill payment menu and follow the prompts to settle your bills conveniently.
UBA BVN USSD Code
To link your Bank Verification Number (BVN) to your UBA account, simply dial *919*6# and follow the on-screen instructions.
USSD Code to Block UBA ATM Card
If you’ve misplaced your UBA ATM card and need to block it, dial *919*10# to secure your account.
USSD Code to Block Account
In case of any security concerns, you can block your UBA account by dialling *919*11# and following the prompts.
Benefits of Using UBA Code
- Convenience: Perform transactions without internet access.
- Speed: Instantly transfer funds and make payments.
- Accessibility: Available 24/7, anywhere in Nigeria.
- Security: Transactions are secured with a unique PIN.
Using the UBA USSD code simplifies your banking experience, offering a wide range of services at your fingertips.
UBA USSD Charges
UBA USSD (*919#) charges for various transactions:
- Balance Inquiry: N10
- Interbank Transfers (UBA to other banks):
- N100 for transfers below N5000
- N20 for transfers between N5001 and N50000
- N50 for transfers above N50000
- UBA to UBA Transfers: N20
- Airtime Purchase (Self & Others): Free
- Bill Payments (DSTV, GOTV, PHCN, etc.): N100
- Account Opening: Free
- ATM Card Blocking: N50
- BVN Retrieval: N10
- Mini Statement Request: N10
- PIN Change: N10
- Funds Transfer to Mobile Money Operators: N20
- Account Reactivation: N100
- One Time Password (OTP) Generation: Free
It’s important to note that USSD charges are subject to change, and it’s advisable to check the current rates before making transactions.
FAQs and Answers on UBA Transfer Code
- Can I use the UBA Transfer Code without an account? No, you need an active UBA account to use the code. The code is linked to your UBA account for secure transactions.
- Is the UBA USSD Code available internationally? No, the service is available exclusively within Nigeria. It provides convenient banking solutions for customers across the country.
- Can I transfer money to other bank accounts using the code? Yes, you can transfer funds to both UBA accounts and accounts in other Nigerian banks. The UBA Bank USSD code facilitates interbank transactions.
- Is the USSD service available 24/7? Yes, the UBA code is available for use at any time, day or night. You can perform transactions whenever it’s most convenient for you.
- How do I reset my UBA USSD PIN? If you forget your UBA USSD PIN, you can reset it easily. Dial *919#, select “PIN Setup,” and follow the prompts to create a new PIN.
- What if I enter the wrong PIN multiple times? For security reasons, if you enter the wrong PIN multiple times, your UBA USSD transactions may be temporarily suspended. You may need to visit a UBA branch or contact customer support to resolve the issue.
- Can I use the UBA code on any mobile phone? Yes, the UBA Bank USSD code can be used on any type of mobile phone, whether it’s a smartphone or a basic feature phone. You just need to ensure that the phone number is registered with your UBA account.
- Is there a daily transaction limit for UBA USSD transactions? Yes, there are transaction limits for security purposes. As of my last update, the limits include a maximum of N20,000 per transaction and per day for PIN-based transactions. For transactions using a token, the limit is N1 million per transaction and per day.
About UBA Nigeria
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Nigeria is a distinguished institution in the nation’s financial sector. Established in 1961, UBA has upheld a legacy of excellence, innovation, and customer-centric services. Through its widespread network of branches and digital platforms, UBA has offered convenient access to a comprehensive array of banking and financial solutions for Nigerians. From savings and current accounts to loans and investments, UBA Nigeria’s commitment to holistic financial growth is evident.
The bank’s strategic expansions, mergers, and acquisitions have fortified its position as a financial leader. UBA Nigeria’s dedication goes beyond financial services – it actively engages in impactful corporate social responsibility initiatives, promoting education, healthcare, and community development. Renowned for its reliability and customer-oriented approach, UBA Nigeria plays an essential role in the country’s economic advancement, embodying trust and excellence.
The UBA USSD code revolutionizes banking by providing a quick, secure, and convenient way to perform transactions without the need for internet connectivity. Whether you need to transfer money, check your balance, buy airtime, or pay bills, the UBA Transfer Code simplifies the process. Embrace the power of USSD technology and experience seamless banking with UBA.