In just less than a decade since it was first created in 2009, WhatsApp quickly became one of the world’s most popular instant messaging platforms. With over two billion users worldwide and being completely free to use, WhatsApp quickly became a public favourite. Unfortunately, many users do not know how to make money with WhatsApp.
Like most other social media platforms, WhatsApp offers users more than just a means to stay connected. With such a huge number of users, WhatsApp offers a great market and various opportunities to make money to users. That is, of course, those users who know what to do.
In this blog, we will share a number of WhatsApp money-making tactics and how to get started.
How to Make Money On WhatsApp
The popularity of WhatsApp, the number of hours users spend on the platform, its ease of use, and the fact that it is completely free all play a role in the opportunities this platform offers users to make money.
While there are various ways of making money with the platform, we would be dividing these opportunities into three major categories.
1. Making Money Through WhatsApp Status
2. Making Money With WhatsApp Business
3. Making Money By Creating WhatsApp Stickers
1. Making Money Through WhatsApp Status
You’d be surprised just how much time people spend on WhatsApp, simply viewing other people’s WhatsApp status.
Not chatting, not spending time on a voice or video call, but just viewing status. This simple fact offers a number of opportunities, and a number of users have been able to take advantage of these opportunities and make quite a good amount of money off them.
Below are a few ways of making money off your WhatsApp Status:
Start a WhatsApp TV
Basically, a WhatsApp TV is any WhatsApp account that uses its WhatsApp status to entertain or inform other WhatsApp users.
While essentially every WhatsApp user does this to some extent, WhatsApp TVs make it their job, posting regularly to keep their contacts constantly entertained, and by doing so, constantly checking their status.
How to Make Money Through WhatsApp TV
Just as it is with traditional TV stations, the money doesn’t come from the viewer, at least not directly. Instead, it comes from advertisements. WhatsApp TVs get requests from businesses looking to place adverts, trying to get their products or services to their target audience right at the comfort of their WhatsApp accounts. This is where all the money comes from.
Since WhatsApp is a free platform, this is a great way to make money by simply dedicating some time and effort to doing something you. Practically everyone else already does regularly ─ updating your WhatsApp Status and posting memes! This is not to say that this is a task that requires no work, though.
What You’d Need to Run a WhatsApp TV
To create a WhatsApp TV, you’d need the following:
1. A good smartphone (with large storage to save all the memes and videos you’d need to post).
2. Enough data or access to wifi. You’d be doing a lot of posting, so you’d need a lot of data.
3. A large contact list. You need a lot of WhatsApp users on your contact list. This is how businesses and individuals looking to advertise on WhatsApp TV choose what TV they’d advertise. Don’t have a huge contact list? Don’t worry, you can build a contact list for your WhatsApp.
The more users you have, the more people view your status. The more people view your status, the more valuable your WhatsApp TV becomes.
4. Consistency. This is what would really set you apart. If you are unable to hold the attention of your viewers consistently, then chances are, they’d stop viewing your status.
Affiliate Marketing on WhatsApp
Another great way to make money through WhatsApp Statuses is to leverage your connections by helping link buyers and sellers. Chances are someone somewhere is looking for buyers to purchase their products. Chances are one or more of the individuals on your WhatsApp is interested in that product.