Snapchat, a photo and video-sharing social media application has some security features to safeguard users. One such feature is the ability to block someone from your snaps. If you have been wondering how to block someone on Snapchat, your confusion is over.
At the end of this blog post, you will understand:
– Reasons to block someone on Snapchat
– Things to expect when you block someone on Snapchat
– How you can tell that you have been blocked
– Different ways to block someone on Snapchat
– If you can block someone that isn’t your friend on Snapchat
– Maximum number of people you are allowed to block on Snapchat
Why Block Someone on Snapchat
There are several reasons to block someone on Snapchat or other social media websites. The world has a fair share of toxic people and getting rid of such people around your space helps your mental health. You may want to block someone to avoid abuse or cyberbullying, to allow time to heal from a trauma, or just to protect your privacy.
What Happens When You Block Someone on Snapchat?
A lot happens when you block someone on Snapchat. This singular act will cause both of you to be removed from each other’s friends list. Your usernames will no longer be seen when they search. Another thing that happens is that the blocked accounts can no longer view your snaps, and stories or chat with you. That said, you can still be contacted by someone you have blocked on Snapchat through other means.
How to tell if someone blocked you on Snapchat
There are a couple of ways to know whether someone blocked you on Snapchat and they have been enumerated below:
– An easy way to know if you have been blocked by someone on Snapchat is to check your chat history. If you have had chats in the past with the account, the chats will disappear when you are blocked.
– Search for full name or username. When you are blocked, you will no longer see the username and full name of the person that blocked you.
– Use another account to search for the full name and username. If you find it, it’s very likely that you have been blocked by the user.
How to block someone on Snapchat
There are some ways to achieve the same result on Snapchat. You can block someone through search, stories, and chat. We will explain each method below.
How to block someone on Snapchat via the Search bar
– Launch the Snapchat app and select the search bar
– Search for the username that you want to block