FIRST BANK TRANSFER CODE: Discover the power of the First Bank USSD Code (*894#) – your gateway to hassle-free banking. From transfers to airtime, we guide you through its functionalities. Experience banking reinvented.
First Bank Nigeria recognizes the evolving needs of its customers and introduces the First Bank Code – an innovative solution that empowers you to conduct a wide array of banking transactions directly from your mobile phone. This comprehensive guide will navigate you through the intricacies of the transfer code for First Bank, exploring its functionalities, and benefits, and providing step-by-step instructions to unlock its full potential.
Areas We Covered in this Post
- Understanding USSD
- First Bank USSD Code Explained
- Activation Process
- List of USSD Codes
- Transaction Procedures
- Benefits of Using USSD Code
- First Bank USSD Charges
- FAQs on First Bank USSD
- About First Bank Nigeria
What is USSD?
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) stands as the bridge between your mobile device and an application server. This technology employs simple numeric codes to allow users access to a variety of services, including banking, without requiring an internet connection. USSD offers a direct and instantaneous way to interact with banking services, making it accessible to both smartphone and feature phone users alike.
What is First Bank USSD Code?
The First Bank USSD Code, also known as the First Bank Transfer Code, serves as your virtual banking companion, accessible through the shortcode *894#. This code empowers you to perform a multitude of tasks, from checking your account balance to transferring funds, purchasing airtime, paying bills, and even retrieving your BVN (Bank Verification Number), all from the convenience of your mobile device.
Requirements to Register & Activate First Bank Code
Embarking on your USSD banking journey requires a few essentials:
- Mobile Phone: From basic handsets to smartphones, any mobile phone can access the USSD service.
- Registered Phone Number: Ensure that your registered mobile number with First Bank is active and functional.
- Debit Card: A crucial element for activation; an active First Bank debit card is necessary to complete the process and set your personalized USSD PIN.
How to Register & Activate Transfer Code for First Bank
Unlocking the potential of the transfer code for First Bank is a straightforward endeavour. Follow these steps:
- Dial *894*0#: Initiate the process by dialling this code from your registered mobile number.
- Select Your Debit Card: Choose the debit card linked to your account from the list provided.
- Enter Debit Card PIN: Input the 4-digit PIN associated with the chosen debit card.
- Create USSD PIN: Establish a new 5-digit PIN that will serve as your USSD transaction security.
- Confirm PIN: Verify your new USSD PIN, completing the registration process.
List of All First Bank USSD Codes
The First Bank USSD Codes grant you access to an array of services. Here’s a breakdown of the various codes and their corresponding functions:
- Account opening: *894*0#
- Airtime recharge for self: *894*Amount#
- Airtime recharge for others: *894*Amount*Phone Number#
- Transfer funds: *894*Amount*Account Number#
- Mini-statement: *894*Account Number#
- Check balance: *894*00#
- Deactivate your mobile number from your USSD profile: *894*911#
First Bank Transfer Code for Checking Balance
Gone are the days of visiting physical branches or ATMs to inquire about your balance. By dialling *894*00#, you can promptly access your account balance via your screen.
First Bank USSD to Transfer Money from First Bank to First Bank
Transferring funds within your First Bank accounts has never been more effortless. Dial *894*Amount*Account Number#, validate the transaction details, enter your USSD PIN, and the transfer is complete.
Also Read: How to Send Money Using Wema Bank USSD Code
First Bank Code to Transfer Money from First Bank to Other Banks
Need to send money beyond First Bank? Dial*894*Amount*Account Number#, select the recipient’s bank, authenticate the transaction details, and authorize the transfer using your USSD PIN. The process is seamless, saving you valuable time and effort.
First Bank USSD Code for Opening an Account
Embark on your banking journey with ease using the *894*0# code. This initiates the account opening process, guiding you through prompts to furnish your details and initiate your financial journey.
First Bank USSD for Buying Airtime for Self
Running low on airtime? Dial *894*Amount# to swiftly recharge your registered mobile number, ensuring you stay connected seamlessly.
First Bank Code for Buying Airtime for Others
Extend your convenience to loved ones by topping up their airtime. Dial *894*Amount*Phone Number#, validate the transaction details and confirm using your USSD PIN to send airtime instantly.
First Bank USSD Code for Cardless Withdrawal
First Bank’s Cardless Withdrawal is a hassle-free way to get cash from an ATM without needing your debit card. Here’s how it works:
- Dial the Code: Dial *894*Amount# from your registered mobile number.
- Follow the Steps: The screen will guide you. Authenticate the transaction with your PIN.
- Create a One-Time PIN: Make a 4-digit PIN for this transaction.
- Enter Withdrawal Amount: Type the amount you want to withdraw and press send.
- Receive Pay Code: You’ll get a 12-digit pay code through SMS.
- Find a First Bank ATM: Locate a nearby First Bank ATM.
- Start at ATM: Press “Enter” on the ATM.
- Choose Cardless Withdrawal: Select the cardless withdrawal option.
- Enter Details: Type your phone number, the 4-digit PIN, and the 12-digit pay code.
- Get Your Cash: The ATM will verify and dispense your cash.
First Bank Transfer Code for Bill Payments
Bid farewell to long queues and paper bills. With the *894# code, you can efficiently settle your bills. Opt for the bill payment option, adhere to the prompts, and complete your transaction seamlessly.
First Bank BVN USSD Code
Retrieve your Bank Verification Number (BVN) by dialling *565*0# from the phone number linked to your account. Your BVN will promptly display on your screen.
First Bank USSD Code to Block ATM Card
In the unfortunate event of a lost or stolen debit card, you can promptly deactivate it using the *894*911# code, ensuring your funds remain secure.
USSD First Bank Code to Block Account
If security concerns arise, swiftly deactivate your entire account using the *894*911# code, mitigating potential risks effectively.
Benefits of Using USSD Code for First Bank
Embracing the First Bank USSD Code brings forth a multitude of benefits:
- Unmatched Convenience: Enjoy banking on the go, liberating you from the confines of traditional banking hours.
- Universal Accessibility: The USSD service caters to all mobile devices, regardless of internet connectivity.
- Swift Transactions: Experience the immediacy of transactions that unfold in seconds.
- Robust Security: Safeguard your transactions with a personalized USSD PIN, ensuring only authorized access.
- Financial Inclusion: Extend financial services to the unbanked and underbanked, promoting accessibility for all.
First Bank USSD Charges
First Bank implemented a nominal charge of N6.98 for every transaction conducted through their USSD banking platform. This fee is collected to cover the cost of utilizing the Mobile Network Provider’s services. However, it’s important to note that this charge doesn’t apply when purchasing airtime or data via USSD. First Bank has taken this step to ensure transparency and sustainability in providing their customers with efficient and accessible banking services through USSD.
FAQs and Answers on First Bank Transfer Code
1. Q: Is there a limit to the amount I can transfer using the First Bank transfer code? A: Yes, there are limits to the amount you can transfer using the First Bank transfer code. The limits may vary based on factors such as the type of account you hold and the duration of your account relationship. It’s advisable to check with the bank for specific limits applicable to your account.
2. Q: How do I activate the First Bank transfer code? A: To activate the First Bank transfer code, simply dial *894*0# on the mobile number linked to your First Bank account. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your PIN and activate the service.
3. Q: What transactions can I perform using the First Bank transfer code? A: You can use the First Bank transfer code to perform transactions such as fund transfers to other accounts within First Bank or to other banks, checking your account balance, buying airtime, and paying bills.
4. Q: Can I transfer money to accounts in other banks using the First Bank transfer code? A: Yes, you can transfer money to accounts in other banks using the First Bank transfer code. It supports interbank transfers to various Nigerian banks.
5. Q: Is there a charge for using the First Bank transfer code? A: Yes, there is a nominal fee associated with using the First Bank transfer code for certain transactions. The exact fees may vary, and you will be notified of the charges before confirming the transaction.
6. Q: What do I do if I forget my First Bank transfer code PIN? A: If you forget your transfer code PIN, you can reset it by dialling *894#, selecting “PIN Setup,” and following the instructions provided. You will need to have your debit card details handy for verification.
7. Q: Can I use the First Bank transfer code if I’m not connected to the internet? A: Yes, the First Bank transfer code doesn’t require an internet connection. It works through USSD, allowing you to perform transactions even on basic mobile phones.
About First Bank Nigeria
First Bank Nigeria has been a reliable pillar of the country’s financial world since 1894. As Nigeria’s top bank, it’s known for its smart banking solutions that millions of people trust. With a wide range of services designed for everyone, First Bank makes banking easy.
They’re all about using technology to make your banking experience better. Whether you’re using their simple mobile app or their USSD codes for quick transactions, First Bank is always ahead in using technology for your benefit. And if you prefer going to a physical branch, they’re spread all over Nigeria.
Beyond banking, First Bank Nigeria cares about helping communities. They support education, healthcare, and sustainable projects. With a long history and modern approach, First Bank Nigeria is not just a bank – it’s a part of Nigeria’s growth and progress.
The First Bank USSD Code (*894#) ushers in a new era of banking convenience. Seamlessly conduct transactions, manage your finances, and navigate the intricate world of banking with ease. Embrace the power of innovation and experience secure, efficient, and accessible banking at your fingertips.