Ready to publish your artwork online but unsure which host provides the best web hosting for artists? If that’s the case, then you’re at the right place. Haven set up a good blog or website as an artist, the last thing you will want to do is to host it with a poor host.
Being an artist in the 1980s and 1990s meant having to deal with the challenge of getting the desired attention. If you were a musician, a painter, or an artist of any kind, it didn’t make a difference. You had to rely on someone else’s goodwill to showcase your artwork.
Unless, of course, you were wealthy and could create a gallery on your own. Even then, we’ve all heard that young artists and money don’t often go hand in hand.
Things are different now. You don’t have to sit down and listen to those gallery owners informing you that your art lacks a certain appealing quality. The internet is here to save the day!
As long as you choose the right web host, your gift to the world can start on the right track. I’ve compiled a list of the best web hosting for artists so that you can get started right now.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Web Hosting for Artists
- Further Reading
Top 5 Best Web Hosting for Artists
Bluehost is undoubtedly one of the world’s leading web hosting providers and a recommended hosting service for WordPress.com. A wide range of hosting choices is available from Bluehost for beginners and medium to large enterprises.
So what makes Bluehost a good host for artists?
- First and foremost, it’s made to make your experience as easy as possible. You may build a functional website in a matter of minutes if you use a custom dashboard. It won’t take anything more than five minutes to get everything set up.
- You don’t have to bother installing WordPress since Bluehost does it for you. It’s OK to switch to a different content management system.
- Bluehost’s staging environment lets you make changes to your site without affecting the site. You can make changes to the outlook and feel of the site, the layout, and the content already on the site. As soon as you’re satisfied with the revisions, the completed result is ready to be shared with the world!
- All plans include $150 in Google Ads credits if you want to promote your website. You don’t even have to leave the Bluehost control panel to start a little advertising campaign.
According to the summary, Bluehost is a good option for artists looking for web hosting. In addition to dependable service and an easy-to-use platform, other capabilities may help you build a strong online presence.
Bluehost offers four different pricing tiers, ranging from $3.95 per month to $13.95 per month.
GoDaddy is an excellent option for artists looking for web hosting. Although this provider caters mostly to businesses, you may still utilize its ample storage and fast processing capabilities to power a site that has a more professional appearance.
So why should you choose GoDaddy for your art website?
- When setting up and managing your site, the provider employs both a native administration panel and cPanel to do this task. GoDaddy is a breeze to use because of its simple interface. However, if you want to use cPanel, you may do so as well.
- The one-click installation of WordPress makes it easy for newbies. Particularly because GoDaddy provides WordPress starter templates for a speedy website creation procedure.
- For those who haven’t made a website before or who don’t like how many themes and templates there are on WordPress, GoDaddy has a free, high-quality website builder. You’ll discover 20 designs with a clean, contemporary designs that you can customize in no time. To further enhance your website, you may create objectives for it.
If you’re looking for the finest web server for artists, GoDaddy is one of the best options. It’s worth your time because of how simple it is to use and how dependable its services are. While GoDaddy excels in various areas, security is one area where the service falls short.
Wix is a must-have tool for every aspiring artist. From a business website to an e-commerce store, you can use this sophisticated website builder to create practically any website.
However, there is one solid reason why artists may choose Wix above any other option.
Wix presently owns DeviantArt, which means they can integrate DeviantArt portfolios into their websites.
Importing your greatest work onto a new website has never been easier, thanks to this tool.
As a side note, the Wix platform is a lot simpler to get started with than WordPress. There are several drag-and-and-drop features, as well as first-rate customer service. In the end, you will only get what you pay for.
Prices vary from $5 per month for only a domain to $25 per month for their VIP plan.
On the other hand, Wix is capable of handling whatever task you throw at it. Drag-and-drop widgets are included so that you may create these fun features on your website.
Wix might be a little overwhelming at first if you’ve never used it before. It’s a good thing Wix has a lot of resources for designers, photographers, and artists who wish to use the platform to showcase their work.
Hostinger is the most cost-effective hosting service on the market today. But don’t be deceived. Despite its modest costs, Hostinger is reliable. When it comes to artist-friendly web hosting services, this is one of the finest.
However, what makes Hostinger such a great choice in the first place?
It’s simple to use. hPanel is Hostinger’s in-house control panel for web hosting. You won’t have any problems with it at all. You don’t have to waste any time trying to figure it out.
Hostinger is one of the best options out there in terms of speed and reliability. You won’t have to worry about performance since it uses the most up-to-date technology and software. In addition to that, it provides a vast selection of data server locations (such as the U.S. and Singapore) from which you may choose.
Hostinger’s customer service is also top-notch. The operators are knowledgeable and experienced. If anything goes wrong, you’ll always have someone to turn to.
Not to mention that the shared hosting prices are the most affordable option out there.
In the end, Hostinger costs quite cheap. However, just because something is cheap doesn’t imply that it is of inferior quality. Because of the company’s solid reputation and hPanel’s user-friendliness, you shouldn’t have any issues using its services.
When it comes to pricing, Hostinger offers three tiers, ranging from $1.39 per month to $3.99 per month.
Another viable option for artists is Squarespace.
This platform is very similar to Wix. It’s easy to use and looks good.
With Squarespace, you’ll have an account that manages your website’s hosting, as well as all of its design options. This is a terrific and excellent option if you want to keep all of your site’s information and design styles in one location.
All of the features you receive when using Squarespace to build a portfolio are detailed on a portfolio tour page on their website.
A wide variety of layouts are available, as well as custom image galleries and forms.
You can check out their testimonials page if you’re curious about what other customers have to say.
However, you should be aware that the price is restricted.
There are just two pricing options, at $12 and $18 per month.
On the price page, you can learn more about the features included in each package. On the other hand, Wix offers a far wider range of options.
Nonetheless, Squarespace is still an excellent option. I’d only suggest it to artists who are already familiar with Wix or looking for an alternative to it.
If you’d like to test out Squarespace before purchasing, you may register for free and get a 14-day free trial.